Applicant Quick Start Guide
After submitting an application you will be invited by email to upload your electronic plan files. The email will contain your login information, application information, along with a link to the Beverly Hills Electronic Review (ePLAN) system. For direct access, go to https://eplan.beverlyhills.org.
Before using ePLAN for the first time, please complete the following:
1. Disable your Pop-Up Blocker
The Beverly Hills Electronic Review system uses pop-up windows (browser windows with no toolbars). Please disable pop-up blocking for the ePLANS site.
Here’s how: On the ePLANS login page, open the Tools menu from the File menu above. Select the Pop-up Blocker option, and select the Turn Off Pop-up Blocker option.
2. Install ProjectDox Components
On the lower left hand side of the login screen, click on the "Install ProjectDOX Components" link. This will install the necessary ActiveX components on your computer for the ePLAN application to function properly. Choose “Run” and follow the installation prompts. (If you are using Windows 7 please go to the link for the guide on the Electronic Review site.)
You may also want to create a Desktop shortcut to the City of Beverly Hills Electronic Review system or add it to your Internet Favorites.
3. Log into City of Beverly Hills Electronic Review
Enter your email address and temporary password from your invitation email. A user Profile screen will display.
- You must change your password. Password is case sensitive and must be at least 8 to 10 characters, include one numerical digit and contain no special characters.
- Enter your Password Reset Question & Answer; colored fields are required. You cannot proceed until all required fields are filled.
- Click Save (upper middle on screen) when finished.
- Once logged in, the Projects screen, Home Page, will display all projects to which you have access. Your Profile can be accessed at any time by clicking the “Profile” button from the main ePLANS button bar.
If you forget your password, click the "Forgot your password?" link on the login screen to have your password sent to you.