City Special Event Request
Thank you for your interest in holding an event in the City of Beverly Hills!
Prior to the completion of an event application, we ask that a written proposal include the following:
- Type and name of organization hosting the event
- Type of event
- Include draft program schedule
- Note: if this event is a fundraiser please include non-profit beneficiary
- Dates and hours for the event
- Location of the event
- Total overall budget (funding & expenses) associated with the event
- Letter of support from the local Beverly Hills community and/or groups (3-5 letters)
- Expected number of attendees
- Target demographic for event
- Explain the public benefit of the event (Must meet one or more of the following criteria):
- Boosts tourism by attracting residents and visitors the City
- Provides an opportunity for community engagement
- Contributes positively to the recognition and image of the City
- Name notable attendees connected to the event; board of directors, etc.
- Describe whether this event will be public and/or ticketed or invitation/private
- Describe how publicity/marketing will be managed
- Permits requested for the event
- If a street closure is required, provide associated schematics
- Impact to the City as it relates to traffic, noise, and parking
- City request as it relates to in-kind services, funding, additional city space and/or production of the event
It should be noted, that requests for City and City-agreed upon free use sites for consideration at various venues are historically viewed as a ‘gift of public funds’ to nonprofit and/or local community groups in Beverly Hills. These local organizations and/or groups are deemed as providing programs that are considered a public benefit to the community. Any for-profit organizations under the current process would not qualify for free use of City space.
And finally, please note that once all this information has been provided then we have multiple steps that take place for a street closure, use of public or City space, or any other special consideration:
A special event application will need to be filed, and all permit processes completed; you also will be scheduled to provide a presentation to the City Council liaisons (two Councilmembers), and should they approve, presenting to the larger City Council group for formal consideration.
The recommended timeframe to complete these steps is minimum six months. Please provide your written proposal as soon as possible. Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact:
Community Outreach Manager
Special Events & Filming Coordinator