The Community Development Department provides access to, and copies of, the following building records for residential and commercial properties:
- Building Permits (1918 to present)
- Trade Permits (i.e. mechanical, electrical, & plumbing) (1987-present)
- Building Plans (1955 to present)
- Certificates of Occupancy (Late 1950s to present)
- Geological/Soils Reports (1950s to present)
- Code Violations
- Recent Monthly Permit Reports
Public Record Requests
The department utilizes an appointment-based records review system to better serve and expedite your requests. All reviews of records are by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please call (310) 285-1141 and select Option 8. During these appointments, plans may be reviewed; however, no photography, re-drawing or other duplication is allowed. If copies are needed, please see staff for the required duplication forms. Permission must be granted by the "owner and professional of record" before copies can be made.
Please note: If copies are needed for any of the documents being reviewed, please submit a records request prior to the appointment.
[BETA] Search for property & permit information by address or APN
Records Management Staff Directory
||Customer Service Representative
||Administrative Clerk II
||Customer Services Representative