Skip to Main Content

Review the below list of resources and information regarding insurance, repairs, loans and damage reports.

Document and Report

  • If damage or theft occurred, you may submit an online police report HERENote: Please indicate if you have photos or video footage of the vandalism and keep these in a secure location
  • Take photos of everything before doing any clean-up. This includes taking photos of shelves that have been knocked over, inventory on the floor, etc.

  • To the best of your ability, take an inventory of what was destroyed and/or what is missing. Make as comprehensive a list as possible

Insurance Tips

  • Insurance is the first resource when recovering from any disaster. Open a claim with your insurance carrier to see whether any damages can be covered under policies for riots or vandalism                        
  • Find out from your insurance agent what is covered by business interruption coverage and or any other itemized disaster coverage listed in the policy

    Curfew order documentation regarding overnight curfews imposed by the City of Beverly Hills:
    - Curfew Order #1: Saturday, May 30 at 8 p.m. until Sunday, May 31 at 5:30 a.m. (Citywide)
    - Curfew Order #2: Sunday, May 31 at 1 p.m. until Monday, June 1 at 5:30 a.m. (City's Business District)
                                   Sunday, May 31 at 4 p.m. until Monday, June 1 at 5.30 a.m. (Citywide)
    - Curfew Order #3: Monday, June 1 at 1 p.m. until Tuesday, June 2 at 5:30 a.m. (City's Business District)
                                   Monday, June 1 at 4 p.m. until Tuesday, June 2 at 5:30 a.m. (Citywide)
    - Curfew Order #4: Tuesday, June 2 at 1 p.m. until Wednesday, June 3 at 5:30 a.m. (Citywide)

  • Please use the City of Beverly Hills Disaster Proclamation to assist with insurance claims as well. 
  • California Department of Insurance can be contacted for assistance by calling (800) 927-4357 or using this form. Also, please refer to Insurance Coverage Fact Sheet for more information. 
  • Read this article from the LA Times for additional helpful insurance details

Repairs and Boarding Up

  • Businesses with damaged structures or visible storefronts may board up their locations and remove graffiti.The City is not making repairs to or boarding up private property. Click here for FAQs regarding repairs and construction
  • Permits: Broken glass that can be repaired without altering the windows or door frames do not need a permit from the City at this time. Permits will not be required for property maintenance and public right-of-way use permits will not be required when 36-inch (3-feet) pedestrian walk-ways are maintained 
  • Curfew: Damaged glass repair companies and board up companies are allowed during curfew hours, if necessary. Please contact the City's Hotline at 310-550-4657 to communicate potential emergency work during curfew hours

Loans and Grants

  • Jewish Free Loan Program
    The JFLA is working to help small businesses by offering interest-free loans up to $18,000 to all residents of Los Angeles or Ventura County. Two guarantors are required. Please visit their website to learn more and fill out their pre-loan application. Funds can be used for debris cleanup, graffiti removal, construction needs, inventory replacement and more. 

  • SBA Physical Disaster Assessment
    The County of Los Angeles Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is collecting information from local businesses that suffered physical damage or economic injury to be used to seek assistance from the United States Small Business Administration (SBA). Please use this link with Chrome or Mozilla, as those using Internet Explorer as their browser experienced difficulties. 
  • Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Recovery Loans
    Disaster recovery loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) are now available to all LA County small business owners and nonprofits who suffered physical damage or economic injury due to the recent civil unrest that began on May 26, 2020.

    What It Is

    Disaster assistance is being provided in the form of low-interest loans for:
    1) property damage and/or
    2) economic injury. 

    Loan amounts & terms are set by the SBA and are based on an applicant’s financial condition. Interest rates can be as low as:

    • 3 % for businesses and
    • 2.75 % for private nonprofit organizations

    Who Is Eligible

    Property Damage Assistance

    • Businesses of All Sizes & Private Nonprofit Organizations: may borrow up to $2 million to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory and other business assets.
    • SBA can also lend additional funds to businesses to help with the cost of improvements to protect, prevent or minimize the same type of disaster damage from occurring in the future.

    Economic Injury Assistance

    • Small Businesses, Small Agricultural Cooperatives, Small Businesses Engaged in Aquaculture & Most Private Nonprofit Organizations of Any Size: may apply for Economic Injury Disaster Loans to help meet working capital needs caused by the disaster.
    • Economic injury assistance is available regardless of whether the business suffered any property damage.

    When and How to Apply

    Applications for Property Damage are due by August 17, 2020. Applications for Economic Injury are due by March 17, 2021.

    • Online: applicants may apply online, receive additional disaster assistance information & download applications at  
    • By Phone: interested applicants who do not have access to the internet, have limited computer proficiency or speak languages other than English may instead contact the County’s Disaster Help Center at (833) 238-4450. Multilingual counselors are standing by to assist applicants in completing the survey Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    • By Mail: Completed applications should be mailed to: U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX  76155

Local Resources

Beverly Hills Emergency Alerts

  • The City of Beverly Hills has a public alert system. You may sign up for Nixle, or emergency alerts, by texting "BEVHILLS" and "BEVHILLSPD" to 888777 to receive text message alerts, or by visiting




  • City of Beverly Hills Shield
  • City of Beverly Hills
  • 455 North Rexford Dr
    Beverly Hills, CA 90210
  • (310) 285-1000
  • Monday-Thursday 7:30AM-5:30PM
  • Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM

© Copyright 2023, City of Beverly Hills. All Rights Reserved.