For information on how to quit smoking or stop chewing tobacco, please visit the California’s Smoker’s Helpline. The helpline offers free telephone counseling, self-help materials, and online help in six languages.
California Smokers' Helpline (Smoking)
Mandarin and Cantonese
California Smokers' Helpline (Chewing)
The City of Beverly Hills is dedicated to providing its residents with assistance regarding smoking cessation. In addition to the Cedars-Sinai smoking cessation program (310-385-3534), the City of Beverly Hills would like to recommend the following options that aid in the cessation of smoking and tobacco habits:
- Developing a quit plan.
- Assistance through the quitline 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
- Discussion with a healthcare provider about nicotine replacement products or tobacco cessation medication (prescription or non-prescription).
- Counseling services.
- Phone applications, such as quitSTART.
- Texting programs, such as SmokefreeTXT. More information is available by visiting Link (Website)
- Staying Healthy Assessment (SHA). More information is available by visiting: Link (Website)
Great American Smokeout
Every year, on the third Thursday of November, smokers across the nation take part in the American Cancer Society Great American Smokeout event. Encourage someone you know to use the date to make a plan to quit, or plan in advance and then quit smoking that day. By quitting – even for 1 day – smokers will be taking an important step toward a healthier life and reducing their cancer risk. For more information, visit www.cancer.org.