FAQ - What are the steps involved in opening a business in Beverly Hills?
Answer: Businesses are required to apply for a business tax certificate prior to the start of business operations. All businesses, i.e., non-professional services; professional services; retail; wholesale, contractors; apartment building owners; rental of commercial property and others are licensed according to business type. Applications are available in the City‚??s Business Tax Office located in City Hall or call at 310.285.2419.

In addition, certain types of businesses are required to obtain a special permit. For example: amusements, clubs, escort bureaus, massage, motion picture/television filming, police patrol, second-hand dealers, pawnbrokers, peddlers, taxicabs, transient merchants, solicitors/canvassers and others. Applications are also available at the Business Tax Office.

Information on businesses that involve food service, planning, zoning or construction regulations can be found on the City's website at http://www.beverlyhills.org/business/ed/startup.asp