APPLICATION FACTS AND FORMS FOR ARTISTS
Thank you for your interest in the Beverly Hills Art Show.
To get started in applying to future shows please go to Juried Art Services, where you will find a complete brochure describing the event. You can: 1. REGISTER/CREATE YOUR PROFILE, and 2. CREATE A PORTFOLIO. When a new application for the Beverly Hills Art Show comes online, you will be notified, and at that time you may 3. APPLY.
We ask all artists to be thoroughly aware that this show is carefully juried by a panel of fine art professionals. There are always many more applicants than space allows, so not all artists will be accepted. An outside panel (which changes from show to show) selects the artists for every show.
PART A - FOUR APPLICATION ITEMS are needed to apply. We require from any artist, for each show application, the following four items:
1. 8 distinct photos of 8 separate pieces of art within one single, specific category. The 11 categories are: painting | watercolor | traditional printmaking and/or drawing | photography | digital art | 2-D mixed media | 3-D mixed media | sculpture | ceramics | glass | jewelry. Please submit artwork that is no older than 4 years.
2. 1 photo or drawing of your display at the show (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE BOOTH DISPLAY SAMPLES). Allotted spaced are a MAXIMUM of 13’ X 13’ wide on grass so use this information when photographing, drawing or otherwise creating your display image. Providing a display image is required. Photographs preferred to drawings, but accurate drawings are acceptable too. The fee is the same for every space in the show and there are no "double spaces". Overhead structures like canopies cannot be larger than 10' X 10'; wall units cannot be taller than 8'.
3. An application fee of $35.00 which is non-refundable once paid. If the late fee of $55.00 was paid, that is also non-refundable.
4. An acceptance fee
PART B - THREE SEPARATE SECTIONS in Juried Art Services. Right before you log on to Juried Art Services, please read these 3 steps which correspond to 3 distinct sections.
1. If you are new to Juried Art Services, the 1st step should be to Register Now (command on upper right side of page) and CREATE A PROFILE. This simply includes your professional contact information, along with a user name and password.
2. Then CREATE A PORTFOLIO. Name your portfolio something simple like: BHArtShow-Spring 2022.
Now you'll upload at least 8 high resolution photos of your art and at least 1 booth display image to your portfolio, but not yet to your application - uploading photos DOES take time. Rules for the digital sizes of your photos are on the JAS website.
3. APPLY. When the next application is available, you will be notified, and can fill out the form online, but please read the prospectus brochure first; this will be included online with the application. To complete the application you will SELECT your 8 photos of 8 different artworks and 1 photo or rendering of your anticipated display. The early application deadline fee will be $35 and you can pay when you complete the application. You can edit or change your application after you apply.
When you have read this over and are ready to create your profile, portfolio, and application, please click here - www.juriedartservices.com.
The Artist Application for May 2022 is now open!
If you have more questions about applying, you may also call us at 310.285.6830, or email email@example.com.
The shows are held always twice each year, during the third full weekend of May and the third full weekend of October.
Thank you very much for your interest in The Beverly Hills Art Show, and good luck!