2019 Beverly Hills Farmers' Market Pie Bake First place Winners!
Beverly Hills residents Charlie Grand (left) and Eliza Kaplan (right)
Hit Me Baby One More Lime
- 3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- ½ c sour cream
- ½ cup key lime juice
- ¼ cup California lime juice
- 1 tablespoon California lime zest
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup ginger snap crumbs
- 1 and ½ packets maple brown sugar oatmeal
- 7 tablespoons butter melted
Whipped cream topping:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mix melted butter and all crumbs together and pack into a 9 inch pie tin
- Bake crust for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Cool crust completely
- Mix filling ingredients together until smooth and pour into cooled pie crust
- Bake pie crust with filling at 350 degrees for 8 minutes and let chill in fridge overnight
- Top pie with prepared whipped cream topping and serve
Our annual pie baking contest, Pie Bake á La Beverly Hills & Piesta, was held on June 9, 2019. The annual event features a pie baking contest, and lots of entertaining pie-themed activities including Mike the Juggler, pie making for kids, pie eating contest for adults and kids, rolling the dough and sifting for treasures. Pony rides and a petting zoo will also be available for a nominal fee.
The Pie Bake á la Beverly Hills & Piesta is featured in conjunction with the weekly Sunday Farmers’ Market, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., located along Civic Center Drive between Third & Santa Monica. Free two hour parking is available in the Civic Center parking garage.