APPLICATION FACTS AND FORMS FOR ARTISTS
The application for the spring show, which will be held on May 20 & 21, 2017, is now closed. The upcoming application will open on June 1, for the October 21 & 22, 2017 show. The deadline to apply will be July 20, 2017.
You can begin the application process now by joining Juried Art Services, after which you may upload a portfolio of your work to that website. When the application opens for the fall show, we will notify you, and you can apply. But please take just a minute to read the information below before logging on to the Juried Art Services link below, which takes you to our application website, Juried Art Services. Thanks!
PART A - gather all the photos for your PORTFOLIO & APPLICATION in a convenient spot
We require from any artist applicant the following 4 items:
1). 8 photos of your artwork within a single, specific category. The 11 categories are: painting | watercolor | traditional printmaking and/or drawing | photography | digitally-generated/manipulated art | 2-D mixed media | 3-D mixed media | sculpture | ceramics | glass | jewelry. Please submit artwork that is no older than 4 years.
2). 1 photo or drawing of your display at the show (CLICK HERE TO SEE BOOTH DISPLAY SAMPLES). Bear in mind that your space will be a minimum of 12.5 feet wide x 10 feet deep, on a flat lawn area, so use this information when photographing, drawing or otherwise creating your display image. You may request a larger space when you fill out the form, but this cannot be guaranteed. (Overhead structures like canopies cannot be larger than 10' X 10', even though all of the spaces are larger.)
3). a $35.00 application fee
4). and if accepted, a $375.00 acceptance fee
(We suggest that first you select the 8 artwork photos and the one (1) photo/drawing of your display, then gather those photos together in one convenient, easy-to-find place within your computer. Make sure they are all high-resolution photos.)
PART B - read over the JURIED ART SERVICES information
We partner with Juried Art Services to bring you a simple application, along with a complete brochure describing the event for artists. Right BEFORE you log on to www.juriedartservices.com, please READ the 3 steps below if you are not yet a user of that site, and follow the 3 STEPS in this order when you are on the website. These 3 steps correspond to the 3 SEPARATE SECTIONS of Juried Art Services: 1) your PROFILE, 2) your PORTFOLIO, and 3) your APPLICATION.
1. The 1st step should be to Register Now (command on right side of page) and CREATE A PROFILE. This is just your professional contact information.
2. Then CREATE A PORTFOLIO, which is where you will upload 8 photos of your current artwork and 1 photo/drawing of your display. Name your portfolio something simple like: BHartSHOW-Spring2017.
Now you'll upload the photos of your art and booth display - uploading photos DOES take time. Here are the rules for sizing your photos - this is also explained on Juried Art Services.
- All 8 images of your artwork should be high-resolution images (300 dpi).
- The longest side of each image should be between 1900-4000 pixels long, but can be as small as 1400 at the longest side.
- Also, all names for your images should only be alphanumeric (no symbols please in the names of the images - just letters or numbers)
- Please fill in all the blanks (name of work, size of work, materials, etc.) This will help you later, we promise!
3. You cannot yet APPLY as the application process won't open until June 1, but you will get a notice when the application opens up again. The Beverly Hills Art Show application is quick and easy to complete, but it really helps to follow these 3 main steps in order!
When ready to start the process, CLICK HERE: www.juriedartservices.com
If you have more questions about applying, you may also call us at 310.285.6836, email Karen - email@example.com.
Thank you very much for your interest in The Beverly Hills artSHOW and good luck!