APPLICATION FACTS AND FORMS FOR ARTISTS
The application for the fall show is now available; the fall show will be held on October 15th & 16th, 2016, and the application deadline is July 29th! (It was changed from July 22nd to July 29th due to unusual circumstances.)
To any artists who have heard about a potential construction/improvement project: we have just learned that there will definitely NOT be a construction project in the vicinity of the show in October, so the show will NOT be impacted this October by construction.
If you are an artist who is new to this event, we welcome your application, but first, please read the information below before logging on to the link below, which takes you to the application website. Thank you.
P.S. - We plan to specially feature artwork relating to the topic of Construction / Urbanization - so if you create artwork relating to that subject, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org or 310.285.6836.
PART A - gather all the photos for your PORTFOLIO & APPLICATION in a convenient spot
We require from any artist applicant the following 4 items:
1). 8 photos of your artwork within a single, specific category. The 11 categories are: painting | watercolor | traditional printmaking and/or drawing | photography | digitally-generated/manipulated art | 2-D mixed media | 3-D mixed media | sculpture | ceramics | glass | jewelry Please submit artwork that is no older than 4 years.
2). 1 photo or drawing of your display at the show (CLICK HERE TO SEE BOOTH DISPLAY SAMPLES). Bear in mind that your space will be a minimum of 12.5 feet wide x 10 feet deep, on a flat lawn area, so use this information when photographing, drawing or otherwise creating your display image. You may request a larger space when you fill out the form, but this cannot be guaranteed. (Overhead structures like canopies can't be larger than 10' X 10' even though all of the spaces are larger.)
3). a $35.00 application fee
4). and if accepted, a $375.00 acceptance fee.
(We suggest that first you select the 8 artwork photos and the one (1) photo/drawing of your display, then gather those photos together in one convenient, easy-to-find place within your computer. Make sure they are all high-resolution photos.)
PART B - read over the JURIED ART SERVICES information
We partner with Juried Art Services to bring you a simple application, along with a complete brochure describing the event for artists. Right BEFORE you log on to www.juriedartservices.com, please READ the 3 steps below if you are not yet a user of that site, and follow the 3 STEPS in this order when you are on the website.
1. The 1st step should be to Register Now (command on right side of page) and CREATE A PROFILE. This is just your professional contact information.
2. Then CREATE A PORTFOLIO, which is where you will upload 8 photos of your current artwork and 1 photo/drawing of your display. Name your portfolio something simple like: BHartSHOW-Fall2016.
Now you'll upload the photos of your art and booth display - uploading photos DOES take time. Here are the rules for sizing your photos - this is also explained on Juried Art Services.
- All 8 images of your artwork should be high-resolution images (300 dpi).
- The longest side of each image should be between 1900-4000 pixels long, but can be as small as 1400 at the longest side.
- Also, all names for your images should only be alphanumeric (no symbols please in the names of the images - just letters or numbers)
3. You can now APPLY by going to the apply section which lists our show along with other shows - you will have access to apply to any number of other events along with ours. The Beverly Hills Art Show application is quick and easy to complete, but it really helps to follow these 3 main steps in order!
When ready to start the process, click onto this site to get to the complete application and the complete information packet, the 'prospectus'. APPLY WITH THIS LINK: www.juriedartservices.com
If you have more questions about applying, you may also call us at 310.285.6836, email Karen - email@example.com.
Thank you very much for your interest in The Beverly Hills artSHOW and good luck!