10 a.m. to approx. 12:30 p.m.
If your child is a culinary master in the making or just loves to help out in the kitchen, the Beverly Hills Farmers’ Market is the place to be.
Youngsters are welcome to enjoy Cookin’ Kids the 2nd Sunday of each month as part of our Kid Zone. Children will be introduced to fresh fruits and vegetables based on what’s in season. They will be able to taste the featured item of the month, learn about its health benefits, meet the farmer and get recipes that they can easily prepare at home.
This is a free event. Children must be accompanied by an adult and can drop by and participate anytime during the session. The Kid Zone includes pony rides and a petting zoo for a nominal fee every week from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. brought in by So-Cal Animals.
- 2 each Naval Oranges, freshly peeled & separated into sections
- 2 each Tangerines, freshly peeled & separated into sections
- 1 each Grapefruit, freshly peeled & separated into sections and cut into bit size pieces
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 2 Tbsps Orange Juice • 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsps White Wine Vinegar • 2 tsps of Mustard
- 3Tbsps Olive Oil • Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 tsps Honey
- Gather all ingredients and necessary equipment
- For the Oranges, Tangerines, and Grapefruit- Peel and separate into sections, cut into bit size pieces if needed
- Toss Oranges, Tangerines, Grapefruit, and raisins together in a bowl
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss lightly, and serve!
- Cutting Board
- 2 Bowls= 1 medium & 1 small