LA CIENEGA STATION
1) Wilshire/La Cienega Piling
Starting mid-March, through July 2017, pile work will begin on the south side of Wilshire Boulevard between La Cienega Boulevard and San Vicente Boulevard
Activities will include:
- Saw cutting, potholing and pile installation to support excavation for the future subway station.
Street and sidewalk closures will include:
- Weekend lane closures on Wilshire Boulevard and La Cienega Boulevard to support piling
- Intermittent closures of South Gale Drive and South Hamilton Drive on the south side of Wilshire Boulevard
- Nighttime lane reductions for eastbound Wilshire Boulevard between La Cienega Boulevard and San Vicente Boulevard for steel delivery
- Intermittent lane closures in the area
- Intermittent sidewalk closures between La Cienega Boulevard and San Vicente Boulevard
- Temporary traffic signal shutdowns with traffic officer support
- Local access from southbound San Vicente and northbound Gregory Way will remain
Schedule of Work Activities:
- Pile Installation Drilling: 7am-8pm
- Support activities (concrete pours, closure maintenance, deliveries, backfill of holes and trenches): 8pm-10pm
Links to Metro Construction Notices: https://www.metro.net/projects/notices/notice_purplineline_030317/ and https://www.metro.net/projects/notices/notice_purpleline_051617/
2) Pot Holing & Jet Grouting - Wilshire/Tower Drive
Starting, Thursday, April 19 – Saturday, June 10, (anticipated end date) Tower Drive will be closed at Wilshire Boulevard to support jet grouting construction at the intersection of Wilshire Boulevard and Tower Drive. A signed pedestrian detour, with pedestrian ramps, will be installed to replace the restricted crosswalk at Tower Drive. K-rail will be extended just east of Tower Drive as a protection for adjacent traffic lanes. Vehicle and pedestrian access to the Landmark Center will remain open.
Work hours will be 7am-10pm for the duration of the closure.
Tower Drive is anticipated to be closed at Wilshire April 19 – June 10. Updates provided as work progresses.
Link to Metro Construction Notice: https://www.metro.net/projects/notices/notice_purpleline_041217/
3) AM/PM Utility Relocation Work at Wilshire/La Cienega
Advanced utility relocation work will continue during evening hours on the north side of Wilshire Boulevard at North Gale Drive, and during daytime hours along La Cienega Boulevard just north of Wilshire Boulevard from Sunday, May 21st thru Friday, May 26th.
Daytime work will consist of installing a pole and overhead line installations.
La Cienega Boulevard: Northbound La Cienega reduced to 2 lanes just south of Wilshire Boulevard to just north of Wilshire Boulevard from 7am-4pm, Monday-Friday.
Evening work will consist of conduit placement.
See intermittent lane reductions and sidewalk impacts below:
- Westbound curb lane will be closed at Gale Drive
- Intermittent closures of North Gale Drive, with a partial sidewalk closure adjacent on the east side sidewalk of North Gale Drive
Work Hours and Dates:
- Sunday, 5/21 8pm to Monday, 5/22 at 7am
- Monday, 5/22 8pm to Tuesday, 5/23 at 7am
- Tuesday, 5/23 8pm to Wednesday, 5/24 at 7am
- Wednesday, 5/24 10:30pm to Thursday, 5/25 7am
- Thursday, 5/25 8pm to Friday, 5/26 at 7am
Link to Metro Construction Notice: https://www.metro.net/projects/notices/notice_purpleline_020617A/