Purple Line Extension Project Events | Construction | Links | Documents
24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
Email | Facebook | Twitter
Sign up to receive constructions notices via email
Wilshire/La Cienega Station
Weekend closure of Wilshire Boulevard between La Cienega and San Vicente and lane restrictions will take place from December 8 1at 8 p.m. through December 11 at 6 a.m. The detours for weekend closures are depicted in the map below.
Local access will be maintained for businesses and residents outside the work zone. Pedestrian access will also be maintained with sidewalk and crosswalk detours on La Cienega and Wilshire Boulevards.
Bus Stops - Metro 720/20 Wilshire Boulevard bus stops for Wilshire/La Brea, Wilshire/Fairfax and Wilshire/La Cienega have been relocated to temporary locations away from the construction zone and will remain in place until construction is completed. For information regarding changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
Drilling to collect soil samples used to guide underground tunneling for Purple Line construction will take place on Wilshire Boulevard between N. Almont Drive and N. La Peer Drive, westbound, for four weeknights from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. starting December 5.
Soil sample drilling will also occur for four nights starting December 11 on Wilshire Blvd. between North Willaman Dr. and North Carson Rd, westbound, weeknights only from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
This geotechnical work will require traffic lane reductions, but local access for drivers and pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
Due to the dynamic nature of construction, all proposed dates and times are subject to change.
Sections 1 and 2: La Cienega Station and Rodeo Station Monthly Update Meeting
Wednesday, December 13, 2017 from 6:30pm – 8pm
Beverly Hills City Hall (455 North Rexford Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210)
This is a series of monthly meetings for Beverly Hills stakeholders interested in Metro construction and pre-construction for the Wilshire/La Cienega and Wilshire/Rodeo Stations in Beverly Hills.
Additional information can be found in https://www.metro.net/projects/westside/events/
WILSHIRE BOULEVARD DECKING CLOSURES
Wilshire Boulevard will be closed off entirely for decking and completion of piling during 17 weekends starting September 8 through February 2018.
- Detours are anticipated on La Cienega Boulevard between Olympic Boulevard and Third Street and on Wilshire Boulevard between San Vicente Boulevard and Doheny Drive with traffic officer support (See Phase 1, 2 and 3 Detour Maps)
- Local access will be maintained for businesses and residents throughout the work zone
- Pedestrian access will be maintained with sidewalk and crosswalk detours on La Cienega Boulevard and Wilshire Boulevard
- Bus Stops
- The 20 and 720 buses remain relocated to eastbound at Wilshire Boulevard near Stanley Drive and westbound at Wilshire Boulevard near San Vicente Boulevard
- The 105 and 705 buses are relocated for the next eight to ten months to northbound La Cienega Boulevard and Gregory Way
What is Decking?
Decking is temporary roadway installed during construction that will allow for station construction underneath traffic.
What is Piling?
Piling, now underway, is the process of installing steel beams to structurally support the decking and station construction. The piling on the south side of Wilshire Boulevard is complete and the north side of Wilshire Boulevard is underway.
Work Schedule, Detours and Access During Weekend Closures*
- Full street closures for 17 weekends starting September 8, 2017
- Work will be continuous from Friday at 8:00 pm until Monday at 7:00 am
- No work will take place on major holiday weekends, which include Rosh Hashanah (Sept. 23 - 24), Yom Kippur (Sept. 30 - Oct. 1), Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and President's Day
Metro Bus and Rail Schedules
Business Interruption Fund
Purple Line Extension Project Details
Documents and Presentations
Transportation and Parking
For public transportation use the Trip Planner at metro.net or call 323.go.metro. Two-hour free parking is available at the Civic Center Garage located at 450 N. Rexford Dr.
Metro Business Interruption Fund (BIF) information and additional resources for your business.
The Purple Line Extension will provide a transportation alternative to the congested Westside, including two stops in Beverly Hills: Wilshire/ La Cienega and Wilshire/ Rodeo.
PROJECT DETAILS - Purple Line
The project is scheduled to be built in three sections. The first section of the Purple Line Extension will extend the subway from the Wilshire/ Western station in Los Angeles to Wilshire/La Cienega in Beverly Hills. Section 2 extends from the Wilshire/ La Cienega station to the Wilshire/ Rodeo station and then on to the Century City / Constellation station.
Metro Purple Line Extension | Project Update from Beverly Hills Television on Vimeo.