Font Size

Questions (Ask Bev)

Video on Demand


iMap (GIS)


Water Tracker

Org Chart

Advocate Registration
Fire Department Fire Prevention Bureau/Community Risk Reduction Special Event Permits & Applications
Fire Permits & Applications

The Beverly Hills Fire Department requires permits and/or plan checks for the following at public or commercial venues:

  • Candles (a sample of the candles/votives are required – fuel cell candles are not permitted).
  • Vehicle displays (a floor plan indicating where the vehicle will be displayed is required).
  • Barbecues or open flame devices
  • Rented drapes, hangings, curtains, drops, or similar decorative material (a 3”x10” sample of each fabric is needed for testing).  California State Fire Marshal flame certificates may also be required.
  • Tent and canopy rentals (mandatory for residential sites as well – a floor plan of where the tent is to be located is required)
  • Special effects (Hazers, pyrotechnics, etc.)
  • Temporary Public Assemblies (for events where the public right-of-way will be involved, please contact Scott Lipke in Special Events) – a floor plan of the site as it will be set up for the event will be needed (most hotels will have the floor plan but you’ll need to modify it to represent your event).

All permit applications can be found below.  They can also be faxed or emailed to you.

Payment and permit pickup needs to be done in person.  The Cashier accepts most forms of payment with proper ID.  For further information, please call (310) 281-2700.